Saturday, July 5, 2008

Let's paint the house...



People who know me would probably say I have a pretty conservative style when it comes to color. (If I even have any style at all :-) But I really loved the way Irish houses, especially in the towns made use of many and various hues. The houses in Ireland are almost all of stone or concrete covered with "plaster"... what we would call stucco. Then they're painted in almost any color. These 4 photos from Timoleague (top), Kenmare (top middle), Waterville (bottom middle), and Sneem (bottom) give a sample.




To me, somehow, the contrasting (more polite than 'clashing') colors made the towns and villages more vibrant and alive.
Too bad we have vinyl siding...

1 comment:

Meg Schudel said...

that's it, I'm painting my apartment complex orange!